The Countdown Begins! We can’t wait to meet you all and listen to the treasure trove of presentations.
A few housekeeping details:
- All participants: Walk-in registrations are allowed, but we cannot guarantee we’ll have lunches for you on the days you’ll be attending. Our deadline for ordering lunches is first thing Monday morning, July 9th.
- Presenters: Please make sure all of your panelists are registered, otherwise, they can’t present. And if they register after July 8 at 5 p.m., we can’t promise to provide lunch for them or acknowledge them in the souvenir program.They may register as walk-in and present if your presentation has already been assigned a slot. Remember to check the presentations schedule on Updates, which is refreshed daily. If you have any questions or concerns, e-mail email@example.com.
- Presenters: We will have Lenovo E520 laptops available that run Windows 7. These are compatible with the projectors and will have 4 USB ports, so please download your presentations on a flash drive. For those coming from the Philippines, I’ve personally experienced compatibility issues with flash drives not made in the US, so either test them before your presentation or e-mail us your presentation. If you prefer to use your own laptop, please make sure it has connectivity for either VGA or HDMI cables. There will be no internet in the breakout rooms, just in the lobby.
- For those arriving July 11th, please join us at a reception at Seafood City, 5033 N. Elston, Chicago at 5 p.m. This is a good opportunity to stock up on Filipino snacks for the conference (and pasalubongs as well). We need a headcount, so please e-mail Ruben Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The breakout rooms tend to be a bit chilly (especially coming in from the heat we’ve been experiencing in Chicago), so a shawl or sweater might be a good idea.
See you all soon and safe travels!