Dr. Dalisay’s plenary speech just posted under CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS, for those who requested it.
Seating on the bus is on a first come first serve basis, attendees who have registered and paid will be seated first. Anyone who is not on the list will be on a waiting list and will be able to join the tour as long as they pay $ 35.00 and as long as seats are still available. Please e-mail email@example.com for questions.
Sorry, but online registration is now closed. You may register as a walk-in, but we won’t be able to provide lunch, gala dinner, or your name as presenter in the souvenir program.
Presenters: Our AV equipment will be at the hotel starting July 11 late afternoon. If you would like to test the compatibility of your laptop with the projector or your flash drive with the Lenovo E520, we will have a room for testing equipment. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to arrange an appointment at the following times: July 11 until 3-4 p.m. and 8-9 p.m., and July 12, 13, and 14 7:30-8:30 a.m.
More details posted under CHICAGO TOUR AND WELCOME RECEPTION. Reception is 5-7 pm and program includes live music. Registration for conference will also take place.
On July 11, registration will take place during the reception at Seafood City, 5033 N Elston Ave, Chicago, 5-7 p.m.
On July 12, registration will take place starting 7:30 a.m. at the venue, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, in the lobby.
Tentative Gala Program posted in Updates
The Countdown Begins! We can’t wait to meet you all and listen to the treasure trove of presentations.
A few housekeeping details:
- All participants: Walk-in registrations are allowed, but we cannot guarantee we’ll have lunches for you on the days you’ll be attending. Our deadline for ordering lunches is first thing Monday morning, July 9th.
- Presenters: Please make sure all of your panelists are registered, otherwise, they can’t present. And if they register after July 8 at 5 p.m., we can’t promise to provide lunch for them or acknowledge them in the souvenir program.They may register as walk-in and present if your presentation has already been assigned a slot. Remember to check the presentations schedule on Updates, which is refreshed daily. If you have any questions or concerns, e-mail email@example.com.
- Presenters: We will have Lenovo E520 laptops available that run Windows 7. These are compatible with the projectors and will have 4 USB ports, so please download your presentations on a flash drive. For those coming from the Philippines, I’ve personally experienced compatibility issues with flash drives not made in the US, so either test them before your presentation or e-mail us your presentation. If you prefer to use your own laptop, please make sure it has connectivity for either VGA or HDMI cables. There will be no internet in the breakout rooms, just in the lobby.
- For those arriving July 11th, please join us at a reception at Seafood City, 5033 N. Elston, Chicago at 5 p.m. This is a good opportunity to stock up on Filipino snacks for the conference (and pasalubongs as well). We need a headcount, so please e-mail Ruben Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The breakout rooms tend to be a bit chilly (especially coming in from the heat we’ve been experiencing in Chicago), so a shawl or sweater might be a good idea.
See you all soon and safe travels!
We are adding another opportunity for Open House for Authors and Artists to display their works. No selling will be permitted inside this space. This opportunity is free to all registrants, but space is limited so first come, first serve. You would need to bring your own display equipment, such as easels and stands.
Please e-mail email@example.com with (1) what you are displaying; (2) if you need 1 table and 1 or more chairs; (3) day preference.
This is the new schedule:
Thursday: 3:15-5:00 at the Grand ABC Ballroom (setup time 3:00). Priority space for presenters. Presenters, if you haven’t done so, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Saturday: 1:15-5:00 at the O’Hare Ballroom (setup time 1:00)
Please note that this opportunity is different from the Exhibitors and Vendors tables that will be displayed in the public area outside the breakout rooms. Selling is permitted in this space. Please to to the Conference Vendors and Exhibitors page for more details.
Updated schedule posted. Please go to Conference Updates page.